Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Tallahassee Migrants Monday, 6 Oct 2008
From: Robert Lengacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:47:07 -0400

After dropping our oldest off at FSU for children's choir, I had a little
more than an hour to kill. I decided to hit  Robert White Williams Birding
Trail on Orange Avenue. Aside from being slightly muggy, the conditions were
really great: Just enough water to expose some dry spots (especially on the
east side of the slough) but not too dry. Here are the highlights on trip
that featured waterthrushes about every 100 yards or so for nice
comparisons:

6 Oct 2008, RWW 5:35pm-6:45pm Overcast:
Cooper's Hawk (1)
Solitary Sandpiper (4, RWW )
Least Sandpiper (1, really interesting orangish plumage with extremely wide
pale margins on the upperparts)
House Wren (4)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (2)
Acadian Flycatcher (1)
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (2)
Philadelphia Vireo (1)
Pine Warbler (2)
American Redstart (1)
Northern Waterthrush (4, all along the shore on the east side)
Lousiana Waterthrush (1, isn't this getting a bit late)
Magnolia Warbler (1)
Tennessee Warbler (1)
Common Yellowthroat (14, this number is way low)
Indigo Bunting (1)

Keep Looking Up!

Rob Lengacher
Tallahassee, FL