Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: American White Pelicans in Charlotte Harbor
From: Susan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:38:03 -0400

Hi all,

We took the boat by the "bird island" in Charlotte Harbor a little while
ago, which is just northwest of Sandfly Key, off Gasparilla Island, and
found scads of Am. White Pelicans. There are almost always some AWPE there
year-round, but the last time we went by, about a month ago, there were less
than a dozen. We estimated close to 200 today - too many to get into any one
shot.

They're baaaack...

Susan Daughtrey

Englewood, FL