Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Re: Mississippi Kite in Charlotte County
From: Jeff Bouton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:23:43 -0700

Vince,

You know as well as I that lack of reports does not equate to lack of presence. However, being a bit of a raptor nut, I always take note of these things when they crop up and hadn't seen any notice of your claim from my recollection or in the listserve archives. We surely have a lot to learn here and your sightings are very significant it would be nice to share these with the general populous though so we all could benefit as surely as others like hearing about sighting of a rare bird like a Least Grebe.

Since I get to TX at least 6x annually and don't keep an active FL list, I'd find reports of gulf coast Mississippi Kites more interesting actually! ;p

I know I'm weird!

Best,

Jeff Bouton
Port Charlotte, FL