Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Redington Shores 100808 BirdPIX
From: David Laliberte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:46:49 -0700

Hi all:

Yesterday on 10/8/08 I ran out to Reddington Shore beaches and Indian Rocks beach to try find the Red Knots that were reported from there a few days back- no such luck in finding these guys.  I stopped at several locations hoping to locate these birds.  I did get photos of other bird species while out there. I found an egret that I think is a Reddish Egret or odd colored Great Blue Heron.  The beak does not show the bicolor pattern that that the egret shows.  The plumage did not look right either.  Perhaps the lighting conditions were just good for viewing or photos.  I wonder what other folks make of this bird pix?

I have provided links for the following species that I took pix of Magnificent Frigatebird, Reddish Egret (?), Common Tern, Royal Tern, Sandwich Tern, Black Skimmer

Reddish Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73886194@N00/2925466145/

Magnificent Frigatebird
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73886194@N00/2926319278/