Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Re: strange behavior
From: Diane and Kayo Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:17:04 -0400

Hello Patricia
Hummingbirds need lots of protein and they get this from eating insects.

My guess is that they probably did not eat the banana itself but rather the
small insects that are attracted to the banana, especially when it is over
ripe.  I would not consider this activity 'strange behaviour.'

Kayo

Kayo Roy
13 Kinsman Court
Fonthill, ON