Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: EMail Good Faith Case Law
From: "Greene, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:14:13 -0500

This is a great site and is helpful.  However, in my searching on this topic,
I am discovering that the issue of an employer's policy enforcement is not
prevalent.  I am beginning to think that the courts are only deciding on
undue burden of cost for admissibility, and privacy expectations of e-mail.
This is not very promising in regards to finding a "line drawn" as to where
the court slapped the hands of the employer for not making sure it's
employees followed policy.

I have a solid e-mail policy that states "employees must not forward business
e-mail to personal accounts", but how do I enforce that?  Is it just a matter
of documenting training?

You might want to try Kroll on Track, a legal web site that allows
searching for topics in eDiscovery.  Here's the address:
http://www.krollontrack.com/case-summaries

mailto:[log in to unmask]