Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: LinkedIn as an alternative to ARMA ISGs/SIGs?
From: Robin Riat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:36:17 -0700

The discussion about ARMA interest groups got me thinking.  If the main goal is to connect different subgroups (RMs in different fields, etc.), we don't necessarily need full-fledged ARMA-sponsored interest groups.  We could use social networking tools like Ning or LinkedIn to connect with each other.  I know there's already at least one ARMA LinkedIn group (thanks, PeterK!).

If there's enough interest, we could create groups on LinkedIn and then announce them to the list.  Those who are interested sign up and get periodic updates from LinkedIn.  It doesn't replace the Listserv - it supplements it.  It wouldn't replace a real SIG, but if we're just looking for connections, it would work fine for things like conference get-togethers.

It would really make my day if we did the whole thing via Twitter, but LinkedIn might be the more logical option for this.  :-)

I'll volunteer look into it further and help get things started if people are interested.  I don't own a Hawaiian shirt, so that may tarnish my list qualifications, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Robin Riat