]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2009

GRADSTUDENT-L 2009

UF University Writing Program Seminar Series

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

BYRAM,JUDITH KELLY

Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:35:54 -0500

text/plain

If the scholarly publication productivity among your junior faculty, graduate students, and residents concerns you, the new seminar series from UF's University Writing Program (UF UWP) designed to increase faculty and graduate publishing productivity will be of interest to you and your faculty.

We begin our spring series with a seminar titled "Publishing Your Dissertation" on Thursday, 26 February 2009, from 3:00-5:00 pm. The speakers will discuss the basics of revising your dissertation for the scholarly journal or book audience and getting your work published in books and journals; submitting a proposal, when to submit a full manuscript, the review process, the production process, and things to avoid when working with a publisher.

Speakers include:

John W. Byram, Editor in Chief, University Press of Florida
Amy Gorelick, Assistant Editor in Chief, University Press of Florida
J. Kelly Byram, MS, Science and Medical Writer and Editor, UF UWP.

Upcoming workshops include:

Introduction to Scientific, Technical, and Medical (STM) Journal Publishing
Journal Article Writing Workshop (Science and Medicine)
Avoiding Plagiarism in Academic Writing

A question and answer period will follow the presentation, with an opportunity to meet and discuss your own work in detail with the speakers.

Register at: http://conferences.dce.ufl.edu/basic/278.aspx.  $75 for those who register prior to 2/20/2009; $85 thereafter. (Students $50 prior to 2/20/2009, $60 thereafter.)

For more information about these and other workshops offered by UWP for faculty and graduate students, visit our web site at
www.writing.ufl.edu or contact J. Kelly Byram at [log in to unmask] or 352-846-1138.