]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2009

GRADSTUDENT-L 2009

Spring 2009 Graduate Teaching Assistant Workshops

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Simpson,Martin D

Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:30:27 -0500

text/plain

A series of Workshops for Teaching Assistants sponsored by the Teaching Center and The Graduate School have been scheduled for spring semester and are listed below, and on the Teaching Center web site: www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu. The spring workshops involve using technology in the classroom, and a certificate will be awarded for participation in at least 6 of the tech workshops; if you attended some of the workshops in the fall, you can attend the remaining workshops in the spring to complete your certificate.

Please register for these development opportunities at http://www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu/ta_development.html. You may also find an electronic copy of UF's TA handbook (Teaching at the University of Florida:  a Teaching Assistant Handbook) at the same address.

Due to the current problems with the Grove server, the Teaching Center website is temporarily down. So if you would like to attend the Power Point workshop this Thursday (1/22), please email me at [log in to unmask] to let me know you are coming, and we'll see you on Thursday. For any other workshops, you may register through the online link listed above.

Dr. Martin Simpson, Director
UF Reading & Writing Center

TA Workshop Schedule - Spring 2009

Thursday 1/22 Powerpoint 1  5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Turlington 2215 (CITT)
Thursday 1/29 Putting your Syllabus on the web using Dreamweaver.   5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Turlington 2215 (CITT)
Thursday 2/5  Power Point 2.   5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Turlington 2215 (CITT)
Thursday 2/12  Creating Assessable Learning Objectives.  5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Turlington 2215 (CITT)
Thursday 2/19 Simple Tools & Techniques for Any Class.  5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Turlington 2215 (CITT)
Thursday 3/5  Using Digital Grade Books.   5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Turlington 2215 (CITT)

We also offer two workshops to help TAs learn to set up a course using Elearning. These workshops are both held in the HUB, room 221, on the following days and times:

E-learning 1 - Tuesday, February 10th from 1:00 - 4:30
E-learning 2 - Thursday, February 12th from 1:00 - 2:30