Skip repetitive navigational links

Learning Centers and Libraries

Sharon Juenemann <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:50:35 -0800

Our learning center and our library are currently within the same organizational division and we also share physical space (Library on the bottom floor and learning center on top).

Until now, we have operated as two separate departments within the same division with very little overlap or purposeful collaboration.  Now, however, we have an opportunity to be more strategic and purposeful with our collaborations.

I'd love to hear from those of you who function either within a library or collaborate very closely with a library on your campus.  What sorts of things do you do to enhance each other's functions and services?  Do you share staff?  Cross-train staff?  Sponsor joint activities and programming?

Thanks!
Sharon

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.mhcc.edu/lsc>