Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: LRNASST-L Digest - 23 Jan 2009 to 24 Jan 2009 (#2009-24)

Linda Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:30:33 -0600

text/plain

Dear ListServ Subscribers,

In regard to the "listening exercise," Bransford & Johnson were cited by David Rumelhart in  a chapter entitled Focus:  Cognition from Understanding Reading Comprehension:  Cognition, Language, and the Structure of Prose.  Flood, James, Eds.  1984.

The reason I mention this is because Rumelhart includes many other interesting passages that are fun and address schema, for which the exercise by Bransford & Johnson were used as an example.  We use Rumelhart's chapter in the Reading and Writing Theory class in our graduate program, Adult Literacy/Developmental Studies.

Linda Sweeney

Assistant Professor

Adult Education/Adult Literacy

National-Louis University