FYI - Engineering for Ecosystem Services - Conference
Lisette M. Staal, Research Coordinator
UF Water Institute
570 Weil Hall, PO Box 116601
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32611-6601
Phone 352-392-5893 x 2116
Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
From: Bolte, John [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:20 PM
Subject: RE: Engineering for Ecosystem Services - Conference
Attached is an announcement for a conference that may be of interest to your faculty. It is the Ninth Annual Meeting of the American Ecological Engineering Society, to be held June 24-25 in Corvallis, Oregon at Oregon State University, hosted by the Biological & Ecological Engineering Department at OSU.
The theme of this meeting is "Engineering for Ecosystem Services - Design at the Interface of Human and Natural Systems" and will feature research, assessment and design for a variety of ecosystem services at across multiple scales:
* Engineering design and analysis ecosystem services assessments
* Design of the landscape for regional planning and ecosystems management
* Ecological design and restoration for streams, riparian areas, floodplains, and other landscape features
* Ecological design of urban systems, including low-impact development, green infrastructure design
* Research and design of phyto- and bio-remediation systems
* Instrumentation systems and sensors for ecological engineering applications
* Teaching and curriculum development for Ecological Engineering education
More information is available at the conference website: http://aees2009.bee.oregonstate.edu
In addition to the conference, we will be offering workshops and tours before and after the conference related to ecological engineering research, application, and teaching.
We are excited about this conference and anticipate extremely informative and valuable discussions around ecological engineering developments and ecosystem service assessments.
Please circulate to your faculty and any others you feel would be interested in this conference.
John Bolte, Professor and Head
Biological and Ecological Engineering Department
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331