Re: YouTube EDU

Bruce Floyd <[log in to unmask]>

UF Web types <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:15:05 -0400

text/plain

We recently talked about the issue of social networking on our blog.
Feel free to join the discussion there as well!

http://blog.webadmin.ufl.edu/2009/02/19/social-networking-and-higher-ed/

Bruce Floyd
Web / UI Designer
Web Administration
University of Florida

http://www.webadmin.ufl.edu

On Mar 31, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Stevens,Jeff wrote:

> CLAS has been using Facebook for a little under a year.  Currently our
> view to the Facebook page average about 900 views a month.  Traffic
> from
> the Facebook page to our website is negligible - around 5-10 jumps per
> week.  However, I've gotten a lot of positive qualitative feedback
> from
> students and faculty, and it has facilitated some important social
> connections between faculty and potential donors.  Out Foundation
> office
> has just started a similar page.
>
> We've not done any significant advertising for the Facebook presence,
> but are beginning to do so in the few print materials we still publish
> (Alumni Newsletter, fliers and posters).  I'm currently writing a
> proposal to start using Twitter for the College as well.
>
> - Jeff
>

> Trevino,Daniel wrote:

>>> seminars. Like other popular social media, I see this as another