Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: seeking PhD program

Jackie Giacobbe <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:33:31 -0400

text/plain

Hi Kathryn,

I'm pursuing a Ph.D. in (general) Psychology at Northcentral University
(ncu.edu) and am designing my own program around educational psych.
NCU has other specializations like health psychology, industrial and
organizational psych and a couple of others, but the general degree
allows me to tailor mine toward my specific interest.

NCU is fully (regionally) accredited and the program is fully online,
with the exception of requiring a 'live' oral defense.  Depending on
what you intend to do with the degree, you should know that a few states
don't recognize online degrees in Psych.  I happen to live in NJ, which
doesn't have the limitation.

I have been very happy with the program, the advising and the
*extensive* library resources.   Most importantly, my experience with
the 'mentoring' (i.e., faculty) has been great.

They don't have a 'brick-and-mortar' version, which concerned me in the
beginning, b/c of the credibility factor.  But now having taken six
courses, and talking with other really interesting and highly qualified
students in the program, my qualms were relieved.

If you want to talk more about the program, let me know.  Otherwise,
good luck in your search!

JG

P.S. Someone I work with is completing her Ed.D. degree through Nova
Southeastern, which she also rates very highly.
Hope this helps.

Jacqueline Giacobbe, MS.Ed.
SOM Center for Teaching and Learning
UMDNJ - SOM
One Medical Center Drive, AC 238
Stratford, NJ 08034
856.566.6738.phone
856.566.6341.fax
http://som.umdnj.edu/education/student_services/csar/index.html

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private,
confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole
use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies
of this email including all attachments without reading them. If you are
the intended recipient, secure the contents in a manner that conforms to
all applicable state and/or federal requirements related to privacy and
confidentiality of such information.

Kathryn, Grambling State University has a distance education Ed.D in
Higher Education Leadership, and Curriculum and Instruction is one of
the emphases.
Susan Ertel
Dixie State College of Utah