HB 7053 - Rural Agricultural Industrial Centers (RAIC) (enrolled text filed, awaiting enrollment)
* Adds definition in Ch. 163 for a rural agricultural industrial center (a developed parcel in unincorporated area with existing ag industrial facility or facilities that employ at least 200 full-time employees. Includes any biomass material or alternative fuel material.)
* RAIC can also include contiguous land which contains other activities essential to the operation of the ag industrial facility
* RAIC must be located within 10 miles of a rural area of economic concern.
* RAIC landowner can apply for a comp plan amendment to designate or expand the ag industrial uses pursuant to certain criteria
* Local government must transmit the application, with any needed plan amendment, to DCA within 6 months. If consistent with this section, the amendment is presumed to be consistent with 9J-5.006(5).
* RAIC option does not apply to optional sector plan, rural land stewardship area, or any amendment that includes an inland port terminal or affiliated port development.
This summary of the House Bill was provided by the Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association. Julia "Alex" Magee, Executive Director, Florida Chapter, APA.
(850) 201-3272; [log in to unmask]
Kathleen Pagan, AICP, Sr. Planner