]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BEST-L Home

BEST-L  June 2009

BEST-L June 2009

Re: Algae Farm Aims to Turn Carbon Dioxide Into Fuel

Gabriel Espinosa <[log in to unmask]>

Gabriel Espinosa <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:00:35 -0400

text/plain

By that same Wikipedia link, mountaintop removal accounts for less
that 5% of coal produced in the US.

Listen, the algae don't care where the carbon dioxide comes from.
The ethanol pilot plant is set to use carbon dioxide from a Dow
chemical plant. If the technology takes off, it could use more
carbon neutral sources of CO2 like conventional ethanol
fermentation, or biogas.

Best Wishes,
--
Gabriel Espinosa