Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: RAINdrip: CREW obtains copies of White House e-mails
From: Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:49:02 -0700

What is it with IT and Gartner -- it's like their bible. "According to
Gartner, this software was the best" seems to be the only
justification they need. I've run into this several times where a
decision was made or pushed with the only justification being it's
placement on a Gartner graph.

I'm scrambling right now to present alternate choices for an ERMS. A
VP at our company read a Gartner study and contracted with a well-
known ECM vendor to do a "vendor-neutral" needs assessment. What's the
chances that the assessment will tell us we need only what they can
supply? Our legal department was pushed to purchach a email archiving
solution, which then had to pair with an e-discovery vendor, because
the company was on Gartner --- even though the legal department
preferred another more robust EDMS vendor that could do both and more.

Aaaaaargh!

Nolene Sherman

Tracking where records are kept is what Tiggers and Records Managers
do best!