Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: New Hire RIM Information
From: Jason C Stearns/NYLIC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:35:29 -0400

Here is what we are doing at NYL:

1. Do you provide an informational brochure in the new hire packet or just
simple rely on the HR to inform the employee of the policies /procedures?
As part of the New Hire orientation class the Corporate RM team hands each
employee receives a copy of the RM policy, a set of our seven RM education
brochures:  FAQ, Vital Records, Email, Disposition, Hold Orders, RM
Fundamentals - Records Appraisal, and DRMCs (describes the NYL RM
Coordinator structure), a reference card with email management and
etiquette tips, a RM "poster" for their desk/cube/office with contact info
for the RM program (email address, phone numbers, and intranet , they also
get a copy of our training presentation in their New Hire Guidebook

2. Does your company require training on the RIM Policy & Procedures as
requirement of employment?
RM Training is included in the New Hire Orientation class that all
employees are required to attend

3. Do you host a live "new hire training" session periodically or utilize
online training video/slides?
We conduct a 30 minute training session as part of each New Hire
Orientation Class (these take place every two weeks).  We are currently
developing an interactive online RM training module that will be delivered
to all employees as part of our annual information security and privacy
training.  Depending on funding issues we hope to introduce it next year
when we release our revised and updated corporate RM Policy and Standards
& Procedures.

Hope this helps,

Jason C. Stearns, CRM, FLMI
Corporate Vice President, Records Management
Corporate Records Manager

New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue - Room 1116
New York, NY 10010
Tel  212 576 4701  Fax 212 447 4229
Email:  [log in to unmask]

"Furlow, Brad" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
06/16/2009 03:46 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
New Hire RIM Information

I have a few questions on how people handle "new hires" with regard to
communicating the existence of the RIM program, and informing them as to
the policy and procedures in place within a corporate environment.

1.               Do you provide an informational brochure in the new hire
packet
or just simple rely on the HR to inform the employee of the policies /
procedures?
2.               Does your company require training on the RIM Policy &
Procedures as requirement of employment?
3.               Do you host a live "new hire training" session
periodically or
utilize online training video/slides?

Many thanks in advance!

Brad Furlow

Records Manager

MDC Holdings, Inc.

Email: [log in to unmask]

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]