GRADCOORD-L August 2009

PhD Student Job Placement Website

"Bradley,Karen A" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:29:53 -0400

text/plain

DATE:	August 21, 2009

TO:	Deans, Graduate Deans, Directors, Department Chairs
CC:	Graduate Coordinators, and Graduate Staff

FROM:	Henry T. Frierson, Associate Vice President and Dean, Graduate School

RE:	PhD Student Job Placement Website

One measure of a successful PhD program is where students are employed after graduation.  Most departments maintain this information in one form or another but these data are not available centrally.  Thus it has been difficult to use this factor in meaningful assessments of PhD programs, as we found this past academic year with the initial assessment of our PhD programs.

I am pleased to announce the availability of a university wide job placement website and ask you to assist us in gathering information about your PhD graduates from summer 2005 to the present.  This information will be used in the 2009-2010 assessment of UF's PhD programs.

This newly released website can be found at my.ufl.edu. Select Quick Links, and then select ISIS Admin.   Look for the box in the upper left hand corner of the screen labeled Jump.  Click in the box, type "fele" and then hit enter. The site is titled Fellowship Employer Information and is tied to the Graduate School Fellowship Awards program. The data will be used in the ongoing assessment of the fellowship program as well.

The site is password protected with authority for data entry assigned to personnel in the program.  The names of PhD graduates have been preloaded under the various terms from summer 2005 forward.  Each term, the names of new PhD graduates will be loaded for your convenience.  If you have questions about the site or the authorized data entry personnel, please contact Ms. Rimjhim Banerjee in Data Management at [log in to unmask]

Deans and their designees will be able to see all PhD programs in their colleges. Directors, department chairs, graduate coordinators and graduate staff will be able to input data for their respective programs.  We used Graduate Rosters for initial security authorization - https://gradschool.ufl.edu/rosters/rosters.asp.  If you see mistakes or need to add or remove personnel, please email Ms. Banerjee.

Please note that we need the data for each of your 2005-2009 graduates by the mid-point of fall term so we can include it in the 2009-2010 Quantitative Assessment of PhD Programs for the President and the Board of Trustees.

Thank you.

*****
The Graduate School
University of Florida