September 8, 2009
****INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******
TO: Graduate Students
cc: Graduate Administrative Staff; Graduate Coordinators
RE: Only 10 days left to apply to graduate fall 2009*****Friday, September 18***
Just a reminder... if you plan to graduate Fall 2009, you have 10 days left to apply to graduate. The Graduate School will NOT extend the deadline for degree applications.
For your convenience, we have developed a checklist for students who plan to graduate Fall 2009.
Go to <https://gradschool.ufl.edu/downloads/graduation-checklist.pdf>
(1) Final Graduation Application Deadline: September 18, 2009
(2) All changes to your degree program-including degree title, college, major, thesis/nonthesis/project option, and if applicable, minor and or concentration--MUST be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, October 15, 2009.
(3) All changes to your supervisory committee (including a change from thesis to nonthesis option) must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, October 15, 2009. Any changes to a degree program always require a change in committee.
(4) Credit Transfer Deadline: The Graduate School must receive all requests for transfer credit from academic units by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 15, 2009.
(5) Submission of Concurrent and Nontraditional Doctoral/Master's Degree Program: You must submit a complete packet of materials for participation in a concurrent and or nontraditional doctoral/master's degree programs, including up-to-date programs of study no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 15, 2009.
(6) Grade Resolution Deadline: Review your transcript NOW for pending or punitive grades. Problem grades, such as I (Incomplete) or NG (No Grade Reported), must appear on your transcript with a grade assignment by 5:00 p.m. on MONDAY, December 7, 2009. Change of Grade forms "in process" will not satisfy this deadline.
(6) Grade Point Average Requirements: Students are required to have a 3.00 overall grade point average AND 3.00 major (and 3.00 minor, if applicable) grade point average to graduate.
(7) Additional Resources:
Please review these websites for more detailed information. If selecting the link results in an error message, please copy then paste the text into the URL address of your web browser to open the site.
Deadlines and Critical Dates:
Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines:
Supervisory Committee Attendance Requirements:
Degree Award Requirements:
UF Graduate School Records
University of Florida
POB 115500 (Grinter Hall)
Gainesville FL 32611-5500
Telephone 352 392 4643
Fax 352 846 2756