]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PSYART Home

PSYART  October 2009, Week 2

PSYART October 2009, Week 2

Re: post-Shakesperean characters in lit.

Murray Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:31:51 -0400

text/plain

Hi Carole, and All,

If you want to understand Shakespeare's relation to the Hermetic tradition, the person to read is Frances Yates: Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition.  Yates also wrote a book on Love's Labor's Lost in which she argues that Bruno's visit to England influenced Shakespeare, and she wrote a wonderful book on memory, The Art of Memory.  One of the great scholars of the 20th century.

Warm regards, Murray