Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  December 2009

SOCNET December 2009

Re: Red Balloons on December 5, 2009

"Bienenstock, Elisa" <[log in to unmask]>

Bienenstock, Elisa

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:44:56 -0500

text/plain

It is only 40k....

I am happy so many of you are commenting. Although I did not want to put it in my initial post all of the comments posted so far occurred to me. I am not sure if any of the participants are social scientists. I find it a bit disconcerting that this is a "social" experiment and that none of the designers have any social science creds. This is in fact entirely a computer science experiment. What I find interesting, obviously, is who is out of the loop.

Many of the web teams have posted information about themselves on the web. I think there is some interesting analysis that can be done.