]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Home

FLORIDABIRDS-L  December 2009, Week 3

FLORIDABIRDS-L December 2009, Week 3

Eastern Screech-Owl count results on St. Pete CBC

David Laliberte <[log in to unmask]>

David Laliberte <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:55:46 -0800

text/plain

Subject:  Eastern Screech-Owl count results on St. Pete CBC

Hi all:

I am curious as to how other areas of the St. Pete CBC did for finding EASO?  For this 2009 CBC it was all I could do to muster up 19 EASO.  Undoubtedly the WINDY weather had a bit to do with it.

For three years now I have made ESCO a challenge by getting out a minute after mid-night for “Owling” in the area of Pinellas Point [St. Pete Audubon’s CBC].  My group for Pinellas Point found 50+in 2007.  Last year in 2008 we had 70+

For two years in a row St. Pete had the highest count EASO totals for North America CBC.

Happy CBC birding!

David Laliberte
St. Pete, FL