GRADSTUDENT-L 2010

Postdoc Workshop: September 13

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:16:59 -0400

text/plain

Dear University of Florida Postdoctoral Research Associates,

It is an honor for me to cordially invite you to a workshop being presented by Cathee J. Phillips, the Executive Director of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) in honor of National Postdoc Appreciation Week (see URL below for further details on this national event).

http://www.nationalpostdoc.org/meetings-and-events/appreciation/appreciation-events

This workshop will take place in LG-101 (main conference room, ground floor) of the McKnight Brain Institute (MBI) of the University of Florida (see Google map below for directions) at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, September 13, 2010.

Map to MBI:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GPEA_enUS301&q=mcknight%20brain%20institute%20florida&wrapid=tlif12838887435562&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Cathee will be providing an introduction to the NPA organization (what they do, what resources they provide to postdocs and institutions, how you can get involved, etc.) as well as other facts and tools critical for improving your career outcomes as a postdoc.

After her presentation we will remain in the conference room until 4:00 P.M. to answer any questions you have, hear about postdoc concerns and needs, and generally discuss how the lives and careers of postdocs and young scientists/researchers can be improved in general, and how NPA can help.

We also ask that you contact your representatives in Congress and request their co-sponsorship and support on a bill recently submitted to officially recognize Sept. 20-24 as National Postdoc Appreciation Week (see the URL below for the bill's text and additional information.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.RES.1545

We look forward to your presence and look forward to speaking with each of you soon.  Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns.

Sincerely,
Representatives of NPA and UF Postdocs