]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2010

GRADSTUDENT-L 2010

Call for Papers: UF JLPP Interdisciplinary Journal Submission Deadline April 12

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Brian Pafundi <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:19:48 -0500

text/plain

Have you written a paper for any of your graduate classes? Would you like the opportunity to have one of your research papers published in a journal? Would you like to be a member of a nationally-recognized law and public policy journals? Then join our open writing competition!

All University of Florida graduate students are welcome to participate, and those who submit a work of publishable quality will be invited to join the UF Journal of Law and Public Policy as a member of our General Board. Plus, the winner of the open writing competition will have their research paper published in the journal.

To join the writing competition, all you need to do is submit a writing sample and a completed student information form by MONDAY, APRIL 12TH. The writing sample should be a 10-15 page paper (or excerpt of a longer paper) that was written for one of your graduate-level courses.

MEMBERSHIP: All graduate students selected for membership will be expected to complete a future writing requirement and assist in some capacity with the preparation of future journal volumes for publication.

ABOUT THE JOURNAL: JLPP is published three times a year by the University of Florida's Levin College of Law, and is a nationally recognized public policy legal journal. The Journal is designed to serve the needs of professionals, researchers, instructors, and students in the academic fields of law and public policy, journalism and mass communications, business and social science, and other related disciplines, as well as law libraries, policy analysts, and public officials.

For JLPP's membership packet, which includes information and instructions on formatting, submission, application and membership guidelines, please email me at [log in to unmask]

And if you are interested in participating, please email me as well soon as possible so we can get an idea of how many people will be submitting papers.

Thank you very much for your interest!

GUIDELINES AND IMPORTANT DETAILS

CONTENT: Paper topics should involve some sort of legal/policy analysis as it relates to a field of your choosing. Our topic guidelines are quite broad and topic submissions can be submitted to me for feedback.

LENGTH: Text for papers should be a minimum of 10 double-spaced pages (at least one word on the eleventh page) and a maximum of 15 doubled-spaced full pages in length (no words on the sixteenth page). There is no minimum or maximum number of endnote pages. Excessive or moderate spacing will be considered when determining whether a student has fulfilled the page length.

DEADLINES: Please relay your intent to participate as soon as possible. Final Submissions due Monday April 12, 2010.

Sincerely,

Brian Pafundi
UF JLPP Interdisciplinary Committee Chair