]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2010

GRADSTUDENT-L 2010

UF I3 Presenation: Amy Kreider, "Talking Science in an Age of Style," April 6

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:53:36 -0400

text/plain

UF INNOVATION THROUGH INSTITUTIONAL INTEGRATION (I3) program presents:

Amy (Kalee) Kreider - Communication Director and Environmental Adviser, Office of the Hon. Al Gore & Mrs. Tipper Gore

Tuesday, 6 April 2010
Reitz Union – Room 282
12:00 – 1:30 PM

TALKING SCIENCE IN AN AGE OF STYLE

In today’s environment of 10‐second soundbites, personality‐driven news, and increasingly segmented and partisan media, how do you convey science (and complex scientific information) to the lay public? How do bad presentations happen to good people? And how
can you not “dumb down” important findings and information?

Ms. Kreider has worked for former Vice President Gore and Mrs. Gore for the past four years.  Prior to that, she worked for a number of non-governmental organizations, including the Pew Environment Group for a decade and managed the Washington Office of Fenton Communications.  She served three years in federal government at the White House, Justice Department at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.  Ms. Kreider is a graduate of Rollins College in Winter Park, FL, and a Truman Scholar.

For presentation flyer visit: http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/I3%20calendar.html
For information contact Nargiza Rakhimova at [log in to unmask]