]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2010

GRADSTUDENT-L 2010

Summer 2010 Course: MMC 6936 Web Skills for Everyone

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:25:04 -0400

text/plain

MMC 6936: Web Skills for Everyone NOW ONLINE FOR SUMMER!

This wildly popular and useful course filled up in just 12 hours last summer, so we've added capacity by offering it through the Division of Continuing Education.  The course costs the same as before and will show up on your transcript like any UF course. Before enrolling, make sure you get your advisor's permission (link for the form below) to get credit towards your program. REGISTER TODAY!

Don't have time this summer? The Division of Continuing Education allows students to enroll anytime during the year and gives them up to one year to complete the material. You can work at your own pace, on your own schedule, from anywhere there's an internet connection (including most foreign countries!).

Topics include:

Web 2.0
How the Web Works
Organizing Your Digital Life
Blogging
Basic HTML
Writing for the Web
Web Search Skills
Online Law and Ethics
Photography for the Web
Audio for the Web
Audio Slideshows
Video for the Web
Online Advertising
Social Networking
Teaching Online
and much more!

Information about enrollment, eligibility, tuition and more is available at:

http://www.correspondencestudy.ufl.edu/College.aspx?Course=908

The full course syllabus is available at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gainesville-FL/MMC-6936-Web-Skills-for-Everyone/10150115040975578?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts

Please be aware that to have the course count towards your degree you should clear this with your advisor AHEAD OF TIME. A Certification of Course Approval for your advisor or department chair to sign is available at:

http://www.correspondencestudy.ufl.edu/students/handbook/UFStudents.html

UF employees can also enroll in the course through the Employee Education Program (EEP). For more information, please see the HR website:

http://www.hr.ufl.edu/education/eep

Please feel free to email me directly at [log in to unmask] with any additional questions.

I look forward to "seeing" you online!

Lauren Hertel

P.S. Know any undergrads you think need the same skills? I also offer an online undergraduate version of the course through the Division of Continuing Education.  More information is available at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RTV-3280-Writing-and-Reporting-for-Interactive-Media/374544381489?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts