]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2010

GRADSTUDENT-L 2010

November 2: UF I-Cubed Program Presentation: Dr. Nalini Nadkarni

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:05:17 -0400

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   28 October 2010

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) Program

RE:     NOVEMBER 2: UF I-CUBED PROGRAM PRESENTATION: DR. NALINI NADKARNI

The UF Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) Program is hosting a presentation by world-renown forest ecologist and "Queen of the Forest Canopy" Nalini Nadkarni, PhD, of the Evergreen State College (Olympia, Washington):

LOOKING UPWARD AND OUTWARD: Discoveries In Rainforest Canopies And Their Communication To Non-Traditional Public Audiences

November 2, 2010
1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Room 282
Reitz Union

Dr. Nalini Nadkarni, known as the "Queen of the Forest Canopy," is a professor at Evergreen State College. She carries out forest canopy research on four continents, mainly in Costa Rica and Washington State, supported by the National Science Foundation and the National Geographic Society. Her awards include a Guggenheim Fellowship and the 2010 Public Service Award from the National Science Foundation. She founded the International Canopy Network to foster communication among researchers, educators, and conservationists. She has published over 90 scientific articles and three books, and numerous popular magazines and television documentaries.

Dr Nadkarni was a speaker in the famed TED series in 2009 and is the author of "Between Earth and Sky: Our Intimate Connections to Trees" (http://www.ted.com/talks/nalini_nadkani_on_conserving_the_canopy.html).

For abstract information and download flyer, please go online to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/calendar.

UF Innovation Through Institutional Integration (I3)
170 HUB
POB 113225
Telephone: 352-273-1531
Fax: 352-392-5575