]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2010

LINUX-L 2010

New Venue WAS: GatorLUG Meeting | 2010-08-18 | 6-8pm | News from Black Hat and Defcon

Dan Stoner <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:09:57 -0400

text/plain

I liked the new venue (The Laboratory).  The location is good.  The Air
Conditioning worked.  :)

The owner seemed genuinely glad we were there.  Parking was a little
confusing at first... additional parking in the next parking area behind
(north of) The Laboratory's location.

The food smelled great (I didn't eat anything).  Maybe someone else
could comment.

The drink special was $2 PBR on draft.  PBR is surprisingly good served
ice cold in a chemistry beaker.  They also had beer from Gainesville's
local Swamp Head Brewery on draft!

Tales from Black Hat, DEFCON, and the Security B-Sides were very cool
(thanks John!).

Cheers!

--
Dan Stoner