LINUX-L 2010

Fun & Pwnage in Vegas 2010

John Sawyer <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:00:42 -0400

text/plain

Here's all the things I could think of off the top of my head that I
said I'd send to people regarding the cons, books, talks, blogs, etc.
At the very bottom is the link to the privacy talk I mentioned to a
few of you.

If you have any questions, comments, etc., let me know.

Thanks for coming out to the presentation. I had a lot of fun and
enjoyed the questions and conversations afterwards.

-jhs

============Cons=============

Black Hat USA 2010 - Media archives
   - http://blackhat.com/html/bh-us-10/bh-us-10-archives.html
   - Jackpotting Automated Teller Machines Redux
     - https://media.blackhat.com/bh-us-10/video/Jack/BlackHat-USA-2010-Jack-JackpottingATM-video.m4v

Security B-Sides Las Vegas (info & recorded streams)
   - http://www.securitybsides.com/BSidesLasVegas

DEF CON
   - http://defcon.org/html/defcon-18/dc-18-index.html

Ninja Networks badge
   - http://www.ninjas.org/badges/defcon18.html

============Books=============

Dissecting the Hack: The F0rb1dd3n Network (book)
   - by Jayson Street
   - http://f0rb1dd3n.com/

Practical Lock Picking: A Physical Penetration Tester's Training Guide
   - by Deviant Ollam
   - http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Lock-Picking-Physical-Penetration/dp/1597496111

============Blogs=============

VxWorks info
   - Metasploit: Shiny Old VxWorks Vulnerabilities
     - http://blog.metasploit.com/2010/08/vxworks-vulnerabilities.html
   - DarkReading: Gaining a Foothold by Exploiting VxWorks Vulns
     - http://www.darkreading.com/blog/archives/2010/08/gaining_a_footh.html
   - Metasploit VxWorks WDB Agent Attack Automation
     - http://thesauceofutterpwnage.blogspot.com/2010/08/metasploit-vxworks-wdb-agent-attack.html
   - DarkReading: VxWorks Vulnerability Tools Released
     - http://www.darkreading.com/blog/archives/2010/08/vxworks_vulnera.html

Pwning the Mars Rover with HD Moore
   - This is the podcast where he mentions the time it would take to
exploit.
   - I'm including it for all the nerds to disputed the time when I
quoted it. :-P
   - http://risky.biz/RB162

Tony Hawk Twitter Hunt inspired talk
   - http://www.securityg33k.com/?p=391
   - http://defcontwitterhunt.com/
   - DarkReading: Data Visualization For Faster, More Effective Pen
Testing
     - http://darkreading.com/blog/archives/2010/08/data_visualizat.html

Blog about Jayson Street's DEF CON Talk
   - DarkReading: Using The 36 Stratagems For Social Engineering
     - http://darkreading.com/blog/archives/2010/08/using_the_36_st.html

Moxie Marlinspike - Source Boston 2010 presentation
   - Changing Threats to Privacy
   - http://www.channels.com/episodes/show/9668546/Moxie-Marlinspike-Changing-Threats-to-Privacy?page=3