inotify experience?

"Allen S. Rout" <[log in to unmask]>

Allen S. Rout

Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:24:56 -0400

text/plain

Anybody got experience using inotify over relatively large
filesystems?

I'm trying to evaluate a possible application for inotify, covering on
the order of 100,000 dirs.  (i.e. certainly more than 10K, but
probably not a million.  I'm measuring now)

I know I'd have to kick the max watches waaaay the heck up, but then,
how stupid is that?  Really stupid?  not-so?

- Allen S. Rout