LINUX-L 2010

GatorJUG Meeting - On Java in General

Steve Wininger <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 May 2010 18:21:50 -0400

text/plain

May's GatorJUG meeting is this Wed. from 6-9pm at The Civic Media
Center, it will be a continuation of last month’s Java in General
discussion. For those of you who did not attend last month we started
with the very first thing you must do in Java and that is Download the
SDK. From there we discussed introductory Java concepts and wrote a
simple program that keeps track of people’s favorite foods. This month
let’s keep the ball rolling and see where the Java takes us.

We also will have a special guest this month. Lamine Ba from Senegal
is the co-chair for SeneJUG and the West African Java User Group and
will be joining us this month. Lamine is a graduate of Embry Riddle
University and received a Masters from Virginia Tech University. He is
an Engineer and entrepreneur and will be great company for those
who can make it to this month’s meeting.

This month’s sponsor is Cambridge Web Design Inc. Mike Levin will be
cooking up some Collard Greens, Cabbage, Kale, and Jalapeno bread.
If any of you would like to make and bring some treats or drinks we
welcome you. And as always please RSVP through www.Codetown.us
so that we know how much food to make. If you are not a member of
Codetown you will have to become a member to RSVP. Please visit
http://www.codetown.us/events/gatorjug-on-java-in-general-1 for
event details.  Hope to see you all there.