Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2010

LINUX-L 2010

Timezone changing by itself

Steele Adrian Richard <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:03:21 -0500

text/plain

We are running a lean installation of Ubuntu on a data acquisition system
(no GUI).  The system time seems to change arbitrarily (usually to GMT).
This messes up the timestamp on our data.  We have a watchdog timer
rebooting the system every three hours to keep Verizon from bumping the
aircard off their wireless network, but the timezone changes don't seem to
related to this.  Does anybody know what might be causing the problem?