LINUX-L 2010

Banking's big dilemma

Charles Seeger <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:04:26 -0400

text/plain

The following link was included in the most recent RISKS Digest.

I reckon that similar reasoning may apply to Internet-connected,
HIPAA-sensitive systems, even if well firewalled.

Chuck

Banking's big dilemma: How to stop cyberheists via customer PCs

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/061710-online-banking.html

	In online banking and payments, customers' PCs have become the
	Achilles' heel of the financial industry as cyber-crooks remotely
	take control of the computers to make unauthorized funds transfers,
	often to faraway places.

	"I wouldn't recommend banking online with Windows."