]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2010

LINUX-L 2010

Samba & Active Directory from non-domain clients

Alexander M Thompson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:59:40 -0400

text/plain

I have a centos 5.4 server set up with samba talking to our ldap (unix)
and active directory servers for user information and authentication.
The windows clients (all on the domain) work fine, but non-domain
clients like our linux computers get an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED message
when connecting to the server.

Has anyone run into this before? I'm thinking there is probably some
setting (maybe on the domain controllers?) that I need to tweak to allow
computers that aren't on the domain to be able to connect to the file
shares.

- Alex