]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  January 2010

SOCNET January 2010

Re: soliciting ideas on social network experiment

Iain Lang <[log in to unmask]>

Iain Lang <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:43:18 +0000

text/plain

Dear Weihua
Something along the lines you describe was carried out in England. The RCT was called ASSIST and it was led by Rona Campbell at Bristol University. You might want to look at some of the references below and use them to inform the project you have in mind.
with regards
Iain

Campbell R, Starkey F, Holliday J, Audrey S, Bloor M, Parry-Langdon N, Hughes R, Moore L. An informal school-based peer-led intervention for smoking prevention in adolescence (ASSIST): a cluster randomized trial. The Lancet. 2008;371:1595-1602

Audrey S, Holliday J, Campbell R. Commitment and compatibility: Teachers’ perspectives on the implementation of an effective school-based, peer-led smoking intervention. Health Education Journal 2008;67(2):74-90 (DOI: 10.1177/0017896908089387)

Audrey, S. Holliday J. Campbell R. It's good to talk: Adolescent perspectives of an informal, peer-led intervention to reduce smoking. Social Science & Medicine 2006:63:320-334.

Audrey S, Holliday J, Parry Langdon N, Campbell R. Meeting the challenges of implementing process evaluation within randomised controlled trials: the example of ASSIST (A Stop Smoking In Schools Trial) Health Educ. Res. 2006 21;3:366-377. doi:10.1093/her/cyl029

Starkey F, Moore L, Campbell R, Sidaway M, Bloor M. and ASSIST (A Stop Smoking in Schools Trial) Rationale, design and conduct of a comprehensive evaluation of a school-based peer-led anti-smoking intervention in the UK: the ASSIST cluster randomised trial [ISRCTN55572965]. BMC Public Health 2005, 5:43. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-5-43.