Dear Graduate Staff and Graduate Coordinators -
As a courtesy FYI, you are receiving an advance copy of the next email to be sent from the Graduate School to students who plan to graduate this semester. This email will be sent to the students on Monday, Feb 15.
It is critical that you make sure your students receive and follow the most recent guidelines and checklists. These are found in the links below. We encourage you and any other staff who work with graduate students to personally review all the documents because several procedures and processes in Editorial and Graduate Records have changed recently. We have seen more than a few students who are following outdated checklists for both Editorial and Graduate Records. As you can imagine, this causes frustration for all parties.
You will note that we instruct the students to discuss any problems with you, the graduate staff.
As you are aware, we cannot extend deadlines or make exceptions for any milestones, including processes that only the graduate staff can perform in GIMS.
Please make certain your program/s have established adequate internal communications/procedures, etc with your students to solve any of their issues.
We hope these messages will continue to improve the efficiency of the degree certification process for all!
Thanks for your attention.
Regards, Karen Bradley
****INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******
February 15, 2010
To: Graduate Students Planning For spring 2010 Graduation
cc: Graduate Coordinators; Graduate Administrative Staff
RE: Only 10 days left until Midpoint of Term*****Thursday, February 25, 2010***
Just a reminder... if you are planning on graduating this term, you have 10 days left until the Midpoint of the term.
Don't forget to check...the checklist for students who are planning on graduating at the end of the term
Go to <https://gradschool.ufl.edu/downloads/graduation-checklist.pdf>
(1) All changes to your degree program-including degree title, college, major, and, if applicable, minor and or concentration--must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, February 25, 2010.
(2) All changes to your supervisory committee (including a change from thesis to nonthesis option) must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, February 25, 2010.
(3) Credit Transfer Deadline: The Graduate School must receive all requests for transfer credit from academic units by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 25, 2010.
(4) Submission of Concurrent and Nontraditional Doctoral/Master's Degree Program: You must submit a complete packet of materials for participation in a concurrent and or nontraditional doctoral/master's degree programs, including up-to-date programs of study no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 25, 2010.
(5) Grade Resolution Deadline: Review your transcript for pending or punitive grades. Problem grades, such as I (Incomplete) or NG (No Grade Reported), must appear on your transcript with a grade assignment by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 19, 2010. Change of Grade forms "in process" will not satisfy this deadline.
(6) Grade Point Average Requirements: Students are required to have a 3.00 overall grade point average and 3.00 major (and minor, if applicable) grade point average to graduate.
(7) Additional Resources:
Please review these websites for more detailed information. If selecting the link results in an error message, please copy then paste the text into the URL address of your web browser to open the site.
Deadlines and Critical Dates:
Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines:
Supervisory Committee Attendance Requirements:
Degree Award Requirements:
Graduate School Graduation Checklist
UF Graduate School Records
University of Florida
POB 115500 (Grinter Hall)
Gainesville FL 32611-5500
Telephone 352 392 4643
Fax 352 846 2756
Karen A. Bradley, DMD, MBA
The Graduate School
University of Florida
PO Box 115500
164 Grinter Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-5500
[log in to unmask]