Date: 26 April 2010
To: All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff
From: UF Graduate School Data Management
RE: NEW GIMS FEATURE: DIGITAL DOCUMENT VIEWING
UF Graduate School Data Management is pleased to announce a new feature on GIMS (Graduate Information Management System) that will put more information at your fingertips and hopefully make your work easier. Now, through GIMS, you will be able to view the documents that the Graduate School has scanned into its digital file system for each of your students. To access this new feature:
(1) Log into GIMS (https://gradschool.ufl.edu/GIMS/gatorlink/PreSiteEntry.asp).
(2) On the main menu, click the "Select" button next to "Student degree and supervisory committee records."
(3) On the next screen, enter the student's UFID number in the slot and click the "Enter" button.
(4) On the next screen, which displays the student's record, you will see a bright red bar. Click on the icon in it. The words "Checking for images" will appear and blink while GIMS looks for digital files.
(5) If the student does not have any digital files, you will see this flashing notation: "No image associated with UFID --------."
(6) If the student does have digital files, a pop-up window will appear, providing a list of digital documents on file, with form type name and scan date.
(7) On this pop-up window, click on the little icon of the digital document you want to view. The document will appear as a digital image in a new pop-up window.
Needless to say, you must have pop-up blockers shut off on your web browser for this new feature to work for you. Above all, these records are only to be viewed by FERPA-trained personnel who must have a legitimate educational reason for accessing and viewing these images.
We hope this new GIMS feature provides you with more information and makes your work easier by providing documents at your fingertips. Thank you for all you do to make graduate education at the University of Florida such a success.