Dear all - as a courtesy, we are sending you the message that the graduate school will post to the graduate student listserv on Friday, June 18. Our messages are generic because they need to be relevant to the largest number of graduate students and graduate programs.
Please review the message/links for additional information that may cause confusion for your particular academic program, such as the process/timing of submission of final examination date for non-thesis or specialty degree programs.
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to customize our messages for specific programs.
You are welcome to provide clarifying information to your students about items that do not apply to your program.
Regards, Karen Bradley
Karen A. Bradley, DMD, MBA
The Graduate School
University of Florida
PO Box 115500
164 Grinter Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-5500
[log in to unmask]
****INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******
June 18, 2010
To: Graduate Students planning for summer 2010 Graduation
cc: Graduate Coordinators; Graduate Administrative Staff
RE: Only 10 days left until Midpoint of Term Monday, June 28, 2010
Reminder... if you plan on graduating this term, you have 10 days left until the Midpoint of the Term to meet multiple published deadlines.
NO EXCEPTIONS to Graduate School published deadlines.
You must notify your academic unit of changes BEFORE Monday, June 28.
Please review the checklist for students who are planning on graduating at the end of the term. <https://gradschool.ufl.edu/downloads/graduation-checklist.pdf>
(1) All changes to your degree program-including degree title, college, major, and, if applicable, minor and or concentration--must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 28, 2010.
(2) All changes to your supervisory committee (including a change from thesis to non-thesis option) must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 28, 2010.
(3) Credit Transfer Deadline: The Graduate School must receive all requests for transfer credit from academic units by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 28, 2010.
(4) Submission of Concurrent and Nontraditional Doctoral/Master's Degree Program: You must submit a complete packet of materials for participation in a concurrent and or nontraditional doctoral/master's degree programs, including up-to-date programs of study no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 28, 2010.
(5) Grade Resolution Deadline: Review your transcript NOW for pending or punitive grades. Problem grades, such as I (Incomplete) or NG (No Grade Reported), must appear on your transcript with a grade assignment by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 19, 2010. Change of Grade forms "in process" will not satisfy this deadline.
(6) Grade Point Average Requirements: Students are required to have a 3.00 overall grade point average and 3.00 major (and minor, if applicable) grade point average to graduate.
(7) Additional Resources:
Please review these websites for more detailed information. If selecting the link results in an error message, copy then paste the text into the URL address of your web browser to open the site.
Deadlines and Critical Dates:
Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines:
Supervisory Committee Attendance Requirements:
Degree Award Requirements:
Graduate School Graduation Checklist
UF Graduate School Records
University of Florida
POB 115500 (Grinter Hall)
Gainesville FL 32611-5500
Telephone 352 392 4643
Fax 352 846 2756