]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PSYART Home

PSYART  August 2010, Week 2

PSYART August 2010, Week 2

Re: OFF LIST: that quest for "plain truth," unadorned

Sherrie Raz <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:14:50 -0400

text/plain

Hello there. The word,  Weib doesn't have a negative connotation, it
simply has an inferior connotation compared to Frau. As if you said in
American - "that Lady!". One  would prefer to say Frau. It is a more
PC way of speaking. In the 1800's it was a normal way for
Men to refer to their wife, as if they were talking about their
possesion.
Sherrie RAZ
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2010, at 12:51 PM, "Kardaun M (LK)" <[log in to unmask]