]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PSYART Home

PSYART  November 2010, Week 4

PSYART November 2010, Week 4

Re: Petsko's excellent letter re curriculum

dianne hunter <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:32:42 -0500

text/plain

Hi, Norm R.,

I think it is a rhetorical masterpiece. Among its other assets, it
demonstrates by example the value of having studied classical rhetoric.

I have no idea who is responsible for hiring the SUNY/Albany president.

I think the Albany legislature and SUNY/Albany administration are a
disgrace to the legacy of Nelson Rockefeller, who as Governor of New
York State effectively doubled its Regents Scholarship program and
boosted funding for the State University System so that it could claim
to rival California (which has also now fallen on hard times, sad to
say).

The Liberal Arts College where I taught for 36 years is currently
trying to abolish its Classics Department. Oy.

DH