]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2011

GRADSTUDENT-L 2011

Applications for I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Funding Due February 29, 2012

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:33:31 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   14 December 2011

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cube) Program

RE:     Applications for I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Funding Due February 29, 2012

The UF Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) program at the University of Florida is announcing a new cycle of funding opportunities for graduate students in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and SBE (social, behavioral, economics) disciplines interested in interdisciplinary research.

The award is intended to:

-- Encourage graduate students in the STEM disciplines to propose, develop and participate with SBE students in the interdisciplinary research projects.

-- Provide graduate students with experience working in an interdisciplinary team environment.

-- Encourage graduate students to involve undergraduate students in research activities.

Funding will be provided to support interdisciplinary projects which address:

-- State of Florida Topics - encompassing research focused on Florida-based topics, e.g. socioeconomic, environmental, energy, and other areas of research which are of importance to the State of Florida. This may also include community oriented research projects (e.g. working with K-12 classroom or K-12 teachers).

-- International Topics - encompassing research focused on global topics. This may include projects conducted in foreign countries.

Priority will be given to projects that:

-- Relate to on-going research or are closely connected to a student's thesis/dissertation.

-- Include undergraduate team member(s) and have a strong focus on mentoring.

Six awards up to $2,500 each will be awarded to teams of graduate students to conduct projects for duration not to exceed one academic year.

The competition is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines.

Application deadline: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 by 5:00 p.m.

For more information and the application process, go to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding.

Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed)
170 HUB, P.O.Box 113225
Tel. 352-273-1531
Fax: 352-392-5575
http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/