]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2011

GRADSTUDENT-L 2011

New Graduate Student Services at the UF Career Resource Center

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:44:07 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   September 23, 2011

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

RE:     New Graduate Student Services at the UF Career Resource Center

Check out the new Graduate Student section on the new UF Career Resource Center website!

During the last six months, we've streamlined, cleaned up and made our website easier to use.

You will notice the look has completely changed, along with our content. We've designed this site with Masters and PhD students in mind. Visit www.crc.ufl.edu/grad for updated content resources and workshops specifically for graduate students.

The Career Resource Center provides ongoing programs for graduate students exploring academic careers in the fall and non-academic or industry careers in the spring. These workshops along with individual career planning help graduate students explore, prepare and start looking for jobs.

The first of those workshops takes place this October, in the "So You Want to Work in Academia..." series:

The Academic Job Search
October 6, 2011 at 4 p.m.

The Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV) & Cover Letter
October 13, 2011 at 4 p.m.

Voices from Academia: Career Panel & Networking
October 18, at 5:15 p.m.

The Academic Interview
October 20, 2011 at 4 p.m

Developing a Teaching/Research Statement
October 27, 2011 at 4 p.m.

All workshops are held in the Career Resource Center located on the first floor of the Reitz Union.

Please update your links and let other graduate students know. More information on the workshops to come!

Also, don't forget about Career Showcase -- over 280 companies will be on campus Tuesday, September 27, 2011 and Wednesday, September 28, 2011. For details, go online to:

http://www.crc.ufl.edu/Students/studentCareerShowcase.html

See you there!