FW: SEM & MLM summer workshops

Michael Marsiske <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 27 Jan 2011 21:22:29 -0500

text/plain

From: Curran-Bauer Analytics [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SEM & MLM summer workshops

Dear Dr. Marsiske -- We identified your name as someone who was involved with a training project funded by NIH.
We wanted to ask for just a moment of your time to tell you about two quantitative workshops that we are offering
in Chapel Hill, NC, this spring that might be of interest to you. The first is Structural Equation Modeling (May 23
through May 27) and the second is Multilevel Linear Modeling (June 6 through June 10).

In Structural Equation Modeling we cover both introductory and advanced topics including path analysis, confirmatory
factor analysis, structural equations with latent variables, mediation, moderation, model evaluation and re-
specification, multiple groups analysis, latent curve analysis, and SEMs with binary and ordinally-scaled measures. We
conclude each day with separate break-out sessions focused on estimating SEMs in Mplus and Amos, and we provide
sample code in EQS and LISREL.

In Multilevel Linear Modeling we cover both introductory and advanced topics including random-effects regression,
disentangling within- and between-person & group effects, testing and plotting cross-level interactions, multilevel
mediation, 3-level models, growth curve models, and models for short-term intensive longitudinal data. We conclude
each day with separate break-out sessions focused on estimating multilevel models in SAS and SPSS, and we provide
sample code in Mplus and HLM6.

Both workshops will be held at the Rizzo Conference Center in Chapel Hill, NC. The Rizzo is an all-inclusive executive
education facility owned by the University of North Carolina that is convenient to the Raleigh-Durham airport, the
UNC campus, and downtown Chapel Hill. Tuition is $1800 per workshop which includes over 600-pages of bound
course materials, a USB key with all data and computer code, and both breakfast and lunch each day. There are a
limited number of reduced-tuition registrations for graduate students as well as the opportunity to be considered for
a minority travel fellowship program. Full details can be found at

http://www.cbanalytics.org

Please contact us at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions or would like additional information.

Thanks very much for your time -- Patrick Curran & Dan Bauer