LISTSERV Archives

ANDROID-L Home

ANDROID-L  March 2011

ANDROID-L March 2011

Re: checking in

Mauricio Tavares <[log in to unmask]>

UF Android Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:55:26 -0400

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Lievertz, Andrew wrote:

> Hello Android List!
>
> Just checking in--sporting a Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Tmobile) – a refresh of
> the Galaxy S Vibrant.
>
> I was going to hold out for the Galaxy S 2 (which Samsung just released for
> only AT&T), but decided the GS4G met my needs; and I was severely overdue
> for an upgrade of my G1!
>
> I gained a fair bit of Android experience with that G1 in the realms of
> rooting and flashing of custom ROMs (primary Cyanogenmod) and am happy to
> discuss if there is any interest.

 	Oh really? I might harass you then lateron; my only attempt to
flash CM in a G1 resulted in bricking it the proper way.  I have bricked
and flashed kernelzilla's beta1 on a Motorola Backflip
(http://www.motus.tk/ for info), but the G1 did not like me.

Most of the time I am using a Milestone, which is why I signed the
petition to make Motorola unlock its boot rom so you do not have to do
half-ass magic to use a custom rom in it. I might go to a HTC next time...