April ATM Meeting

Chuck B <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:36:15 -0400

text/plain

Hi Everyone,

April 19,  Third Tuesday of the month ATM meeting is to be held at Rich
Russin's house.

We will have a cookout/potluck...brownies and a pound or two of
hamburgers and hotdogs will be provided,  so please

bring something to share and drink.

Our goal this evening is to take a good look at eyepieces in several
different kinds of telescopes.  So, plan on bringing your favorite

eyepieces!!!

We will have some good targets,  so please be thinking of ways to
evaluate your eyepieces.

At our last ATM we had a SCT shootout.  Of the several SCT/MAK's set up
for viewing,  Doug Enge's Meade 8 inch was the best performer, with
several others

demonstrating nearly as good performance.  What did show up, at least
for this observer,  was that eyepieces make a lot of difference.  That
is one reason why we

elected to look at eyepieces in April.  (Another reason is that most of
the AAC's refractor owners will not be able to attend meetings the next
two months!)

Please be thinking of themes for summer meetings.

Clear Sky (and no bugs)

Chuck