April 8, 2011
******************INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********
To: SPRING 2011 Degree Candidates
Cc: Graduate Coordinators
RE: Deadline - Final Examination Date entered in GIMS April 18, 2011.
In accordance with Graduate Council policy, all graduate degree programs require a final culminating experience. For some degree candidates, this is the final defense of your thesis or dissertation. For others, this may be the completion of a project, a capstone course, a traditional examination, or other mechanism determined by your academic unit. Regardless of the format, all degree candidates must satisfy this milestone.
Graduating students, are responsible for verifying the final examination date in GIMS (Graduate Information Management System)
1. Log in to ISIS: http://www.isis.ufl.edu
2. Select **Graduate Student Info** from the "My Resources" menu on the right
3. Select **Grad School Info Systems (GIMS) from the menu on the right
4. Login to GIMS, by clicking on the "Continue to Gatorlink authentication" link and using your Gatorlink ID and password.
5. Find/select the degree program for which you have applied to graduate this semester
6. Scroll down to the "Final Exam" field; make sure the date (mm/dd/yyyy) is in the Final Exam Field.
7. If your final exam will take place between now and April 18, 2011, it is vital that the date is entered by your academic unit before 5:00 p.m. on April 18. To be valid, the date must occur within the fall 2010 or spring 2011 term.
IF THE FINAL EXAM DATE IS MISSING, INCORRECT OR OUTSIDE THE DATE RANGE, CONTACT YOUR ACADEMIC UNIT/DEPARTMENT FOR ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
If you are not able to meet the April 18, 2011 deadline, please plan on enrolling and applying for a degree award in a future term.
The Graduate School
University of Florida
PO Box 115500
164 Grinter Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-5500