CCBY #186 & Late Migrants

Vincent P Lucas <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:25:27 -0400

text/plain

Around 6:00PM this evening, I got a call from my friends the Midney's
in Immokalee, FL. Reina said that there were over 20 Cedar Waxwings in
their yard. I've struck out entirely on waxwings this year so I drove
like a maniac from Naples making the normally 45 minute trip in about
35! You guessed it, I arrived 5 minutes too late. Bummer. However, a
consolation prize was a beautiful breeding plumaged Cape May Warbler
in a tree across the street from the Midney's house. That is #186 for
my Collier County Big Year (CCBY). Reina also told me that there were
still 6 Pine Siskins coming to their feeders along with Indigo &
Painted Buntings, etc. all in high breeding plumage. Tomorrow, it's
off to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary to see if any other migrants are
around.

Vincent P. Lucas
Naples, FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/