Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

ANDROID-L Home

ANDROID-L  May 2011

ANDROID-L May 2011

Motorola Says 2011 Devices To Have "Unlockable/Relockable Bootloader"

Mauricio Tavares <[log in to unmask]>

UF Android Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 May 2011 09:32:18 -0400

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/26/motorola-says-2011-devices-to-have-unlockablerelockable-bootloader/

β€œIn terms of your question – we completely understand the operator
requirement for security to the end user, and as well, want to support the
developer communities desire to use these products as a development
platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable
bootloader currently found on Motorola XOOM across our portfolio of
devices starting in late 2011, where carriers and operators will allow
it.”

  That is rather nice in principle, but would that affect the Atrix
and other recent phones?