Skip repetitive navigational links

The Study Cycle was started by Frank Christ

Saundra Y McGuire <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:31:07 -0500

text/plain

Hello Listers,

I just want to set the record straight, with information I learned at the 2005 Winter Institute. I didn't realize that Frank had started this years ago, because when I got to LSU it was in use, and no one there at the time knew that Frank had started it.

We have now adapted it, but we credit Frank. See http://manoa.hawaii.edu/learning/PDFhandouts/TimeManagement/PLRS.pdf.

We've had great success teaching students to implement the system, and I talk about it so often that folks attribute it to me. But it was really Frank, the father of the modern learning center movement, who deserves the credit.

Happy to set the record straight,
Saundra

Saundra McGuire, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Learning, Teaching, and Retention
Professor, Department of Chemistry
135A T Boyd Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803